Your wedding dress may take center stage on your special day, but your bridal shoes are important, too! Not only do you need to wear stylish bridal shoes that perfectly accent your outfit, but they must be comfortable for all-day wear. To choose the best bridal shoes for your wedding outfit, start early, do your research, and test your options.
Here are 5 steps to choose the best wedding shoes for you:
1. Do your research: Get a stack of bridal magazines, bookmark wedding blogs, and talk to your friends who have already walked down the aisle – this fun research will help you get an idea of what’s out there! Bridal shoes are much more fashionable and flirty than they used to be; you don’t have to settle for a boring, basic white pump. You can wear colored bridal shoes, sparkly wedding shoes, metallic wedding shoes – anything goes as long as it works with your personal style and the vibe of your wedding day. Know your options before you start to shop.
2. Go online: Stores just don’t have the best selection of evening and bridal shoes, so go online to expand your options! Online wedding shoe sites, like MyGlassSlipper.com and BridalShoes.com, have an amazing selection that can’t be matched by a brick-and-mortar store. The more options, the better.
3. Play up your gown’s accents: Look to your wedding gown for direction on which bridal shoe you should choose. Play up accents you see on your dress – flowers, beaded detail, metallic sparkly – by choosing shoes with similar features.
4. Try out different options: It’s OK to order more than one pair! If you’re torn between different styles, order a selection of bridal shoes and see which one works best with your dress. Send back the ones that don’t work.
5. Break them in before your wedding: Once you’ve decided on a shoe, the best thing you can do is break them in! Don’t wait until your wedding day to slip on your bridal shoes for the first time. Wear them around the house several times before your wedding day so they’re stretched out and have adjusted to your feet. Then they’ll be ready for a full day of wedding festivities – and dancing! – without a blister or ache.
We want to hear from you! Was it easy for you to pick out your wedding shoes? Was it a challenge? How did you decide? Tell us what you think in the comments section!